Business credit cards offer a variety of benefits for small business owners. One of the most popular perks is the ability to earn miles on purchases made with the card. These miles can be redeemed for travel, hotel stays, rental cars, and more. For businesses that require frequent travel, this is an excellent way to save money on travel expenses while also enjoying a range of other advantages. However, with so many different business credit cards available, it can be challenging to find the best one for your needs. In this article, we will discuss the top business credit cards that earn miles, and explain how they can benefit your small business.
Benefits of Business Credit Cards That Earn Miles
Business credit cards that earn miles provide a plethora of benefits for any business owner that utilizes these cards regularly. From travel perks to cashback rewards, these credit cards can be advantageous for businesses of any size.
1. Travel Rewards: One of the main benefits of business credit cards that earn miles is the ability to accumulate points, miles or cashback rewards for travel. This can be extremely beneficial for businesses that require frequent travel for work purposes, as these rewards can be redeemed for flights, hotel stays and car rentals.
2. Sign-Up Bonuses: Most business credit cards that earn miles offer sign-up bonuses that can range from a few hundred to a few thousand miles. These bonuses can be a great way to jumpstart your rewards earning potential and can help offset the cost of any annual fees associated with the card.
3. No Foreign Transaction Fees: Business credit cards that earn miles often come with no foreign transaction fees, which can be a huge expense saver for businesses that travel overseas frequently.
4. Lounge Access: Some business credit cards that earn miles also offer lounge access at airports. This can provide a comfortable place for business travelers to work and relax while they wait for their flights.
5. Travel Insurance: Many business credit cards that earn miles come with travel insurance benefits, such as lost luggage or trip cancellation coverage, which can provide peace of mind for both businesses and their employees.
6. Cashback Rewards: Some business credit cards that earn miles also offer cashback rewards for certain purchases, such as office supplies, gas, or dining. These rewards can be an excellent way to save money on everyday expenses.
7. Expense Management: Business credit cards that earn miles can offer expense management tools, such as customized spending limits, real-time alerts, and detailed reporting, which can help businesses better manage their expenses.
8. Increased Cash Flow: Business credit cards that earn miles can also help increase cash flow by providing a revolving line of credit, which can be used to cover expenses while waiting for revenue to be received.
9. Improved Credit Score: Regularly using business credit cards that earn miles and making timely payments can help improve a business owner’s credit score, which can open up opportunities for potential future financing solutions.
10. Enhanced Business Reputation: Utilizing a business credit card that earns miles can also enhance a business’s reputation, as it can demonstrate financial stability and responsibility to potential investors, employees, and partners.
In conclusion, business credit cards that earn miles can provide businesses with an array of benefits that can save time, money, and enhance a business’s reputation. Before choosing a business credit card that earns miles, it is important to compare the options available and consider the specific needs of your business.
Top 10 Business Credit Cards that Earn Miles
Looking for a business credit card that can help you earn miles while you spend? Look no further as we present the top 10 business credit cards that earn miles. With these cards, you can accumulate miles, exchange them for tickets and upgrades, and make your business trips much more comfortable.
1. Chase Ink Business Preferred Card – Offering 80,000 points as a sign-up bonus, this card offers the highest reward points at 3x on select business purchases. The points can be transferred to several airline loyalty programs. With no foreign transaction fees, it’s ideal for frequent business travelers.
2. American Express Business Platinum Card – With a welcome bonus of 85,000 points after meeting the minimum spend, this card offers 5x reward points for flights and prepaid hotels. The card comes with complimentary access to airport lounges and other benefits such as status upgrades with car rentals.
3. Capital One Spark Miles for Business – This card offers 50,000 miles as a sign-up bonus and 2x miles on all purchases. The miles can be redeemed for travel credits, airline tickets, or transferred to other loyalty programs. The card also offers free employee cards and customized spending limits for each employee.
4. CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard – This card offers 70,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 in the first four months of card membership. With 2x miles on American Airlines purchases, it’s ideal for those who fly American frequently.
5. Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card – With a welcome bonus of 60,000 miles, this card offers 3x miles on purchases made directly with Delta Airlines and 1x miles on all other purchases. The card also offers a free checked bag on Delta flights and priority boarding.
6. United Explorer Business Card – With a welcome bonus of 60,000 miles, this card offers 2x miles on United Airlines purchases and 1x miles on all other purchases. The card also provides free checked bags, priority boarding, and two annual United Club passes.
7. Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card – Offering up to 75,000 bonus points as a welcome offer, this card is ideal for those who prefer staying at Marriott hotels. With 6x points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott hotels, 4x points at US restaurants, gas stations, and shipping, and 2x points on all other purchases, it’s a great option for earning points quickly.
8. Hilton Honors American Express Business Card – With a welcome offer of up to 180,000 points, this card offers 12x points on eligible purchases at participating Hilton hotels and resorts, 6x points at US restaurants, gas stations, and wireless services providers, and 3x points on all other eligible purchases. The card also offers complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status.
9. Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card – This card offers a sign-up bonus of up to 100,000 points and 3x points on Southwest purchases, 2x points on social media and search engine advertising, and 1x points on all other purchases. The card also offers up to four upgraded boardings per year and in-flight Wi-Fi credits.
10. Alaska Airlines Visa Business Card – With a welcome bonus of up to 40,000 miles, this card offers 3x miles on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases, and 1x miles on all other purchases. The card also has no foreign transaction fees, and Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan members can qualify for the Alaska’s famous companion fare.
Choose the right business credit card that earns miles and suits your needs to get the most rewards out of your business purchases.
Top Business Credit Cards That Earn Miles
When choosing a business credit card that earns miles, it’s important to consider different options before settling on one. Here are few options to look out for:
1. Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
This is an ideal option for business owners who frequently travel by air. With Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, you can earn 3x points per dollar spent on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
The card also offers 1x points per dollar spent on other purchases, which can be redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards. Chase also offers an impressive sign-up bonus of 100,000 points, after spending $15,000 in your first three months of card membership.
|Large sign-up bonus
|Has a $95 annual fee
|3x points on a variety of purchases
|High minimum spend to earn sign-up bonus
|Points can be redeemed at 25% more value through Chase Ultimate Rewards
|Points are limited to use through Chase Ultimate Rewards
2. Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card offers unlimited 2x miles per dollar on all purchases and a one-time sign-up bonus of 60,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first three months of account activation.
The card also has no blackout dates for travel or complicated award charts, making it an ideal choice for small business owners on a budget.
|No blackout dates
|Has an annual fee ($95)
|Can earn unlimited 2x miles per dollar spent on all purchases
|No 0% introductory APR on purchases or balance transfers
|Miles never expire
|No 0% introductory APR on purchases or balance transfers
3. American Express Business Gold Card
The American Express Business Gold Card is a great option for business owners who prioritize flexible rewards categories. The card earns 4x Membership Rewards Points per dollar spent on the two select categories where your business spent the most each month, on the first $150,000 in combined purchases from these 2 categories each calendar year.
You can also earn a generous sign-up bonus of up to 70,000 Membership Rewards Points after spending $10,000 on eligible purchases within the first three months of account opening.
|Points can be redeemed for travel or transferred to other loyalty programs
|Higher annual fee ($295)
|Choose 2 categories where your business spends the most money for 4x Membership Rewards points
|High minimum spend to earn sign-up bonus
|No foreign transaction fees
|Much larger capacity on minimum spend compared to other cards on the list
4. CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard
For business owners who are loyal American Airlines flyers, the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard could be an excellent option. This card offers 2 AAdvantage miles per dollar spent on purchases with American Airlines, telecommunications, cable and satellite providers, car rentals, and gas stations. It also has a generous introductory bonus of 65,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of account opening.
|No foreign transaction fees
|Limited to American Airlines purchases for the majority of miles earning
|Free checked bags, priority boarding, and discounts at Admirals Club lounges
|Has an annual fee ($99)
|Introductory bonus of 65,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in the first 4 months
|Goes beyond typical card capabilities for customers of other airlines
5. Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card is one of the best business credit cards to earn miles for hotel stays. It offers travel benefits including free in-room Wi-Fi, free room upgrades, and even free hotel stays. With this, you can earn 6x Marriott Bonvoy points per dollar spent at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels and points on gas, dining, and wireless telephone services purchased from US providers.
Additionally, you can earn a welcome bonus of up to 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after spending $5,000 on purchases in your first three months after opening your account.
|Free in-room Wi-Fi, free room upgrade, and more travel benefits
|Points can’t be shared or transferred to other programs
|Large sign-up bonus and the chance to earn 6x points per dollar spent at Marriott Bonvoy hotels
|Has an annual fee ($125)
|Additional points on gas, dining, and wireless telephone services purchased from US providers
|Only useful for earning miles on Marriott hotel stays
Choose an Air Miles Credit Card
The above-listed business credit cards are some of the best options available on the market that can earn miles for your business. Think carefully about your business needs, expenses, and travel preferences as you consider which of these cards may be best suited for your company. Most importantly be sure to compare features, benefits, and fees before making a final decision on air miles credit card choice.
Explore the best options for business credit cards that earn miles and maximize your rewards.
10 Pros and Cons of Business Credit Cards That Earn Miles
Businesses that travel frequently for work or for leisure can take advantage of credit cards that earn miles. These credit cards are designed to maximize the benefits of the miles earned, giving entrepreneurs the power to save money while traveling. But like any other financial tool, business credit cards that earn miles come with both advantages and disadvantages. Here are ten pros and cons to consider.
1. Opportunity for Free Travel
One of the most significant benefits of business credit cards that earn miles is the opportunity for free travel. Entrepreneurs who use these cards can accumulate miles quickly and use them for free flights, hotel stays, and car rentals. The more they use the card for business expenses, the more miles and rewards they can earn.
2. Cash Flow Management
Business credit cards that earn miles can help manage cash flow effectively. By using the card for business expenses, entrepreneurs can delay cash payments for up to a month or more. This can be especially helpful for businesses that have cash flow issues.
3. Convenient Payment Method
Business credit cards that earn miles are a convenient payment method for businesses. They eliminate the need to carry cash or write checks. With the card, entrepreneurs can make purchases online or in-person, anywhere in the world.
4. Access to Perks and Benefits
Many business credit cards that earn miles come with perks and benefits, such as travel insurance, free checked bags on flights, and airport lounge access. These perks can save entrepreneurs time and money while traveling.
5. Increased Credit Score
Using a business credit card that earns miles can help entrepreneurs increase their credit score. By paying their bills on time and keeping the balance low, they can improve their credit rating, making it easier to get loans and credit in the future.
1. High Interest Rates
Business credit cards that earn miles often have high-interest rates. This can be a disadvantage for entrepreneurs who carry balances on their cards. They can end up paying more in interest charges than they earn in rewards.
2. Annual Fees
Many business credit cards that earn miles come with annual fees. Entrepreneurs who do not use the card frequently may end up paying more in fees than they earn in rewards.
3. Limited Rewards Programs
Some business credit cards that earn miles have limited rewards programs. Entrepreneurs may not be able to use the miles for the flights or hotels they prefer.
4. Blackout Dates and Restrictions
Business credit cards that earn miles often come with blackout dates and restrictions. This can limit the flexibility of entrepreneurs who want to travel at specific times.
5. Risk of Debt Accumulation
Using a business credit card that earns miles can lead to debt accumulation. Entrepreneurs who do not pay the balance in full each month can end up with a significant amount of debt, costing them more in interest charges than they earn in rewards.
In conclusion, business credit cards that earn miles come with both benefits and drawbacks. Entrepreneurs should weigh the pros and cons carefully before choosing a card that suits their travel needs and financial goals.
Get Your Miles with Business Credit Cards
Now that you’ve learned about business credit cards that earn miles, it’s time to start flying high. Keep in mind that the best card for you will depend on your specific business needs and spending habits. Don’t be afraid to compare and find the right card that suits you the best. We hope this article has brought you some helpful insights and ideas. Thanks for reading and being a part of our community. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels!